Saturday, November 12, 2016

Too Much Coffee Man- A Coffee Superhero



Today, we find out who is Too Much Coffee Man. Now I didn't even think of this guy prior to this video being made. I was trying to find a superhero that had to do with coffee, but just through some basic searches, I was coming up empty. I even thought about doing a coffee superhero meme video but didn't think that would be much of a quality post. Then, came along the creator of Coffee Quips, a group on Facebook, who gave me this great idea.

Now Too Much Coffee Man, who was created by Shannon Wheeler, isn't so much a superhero in the traditional sense. Just like how this video was for me, I don't think Too Much Coffee Man was Shannon's original idea for what his ultimate goal was for the comic. He initially tried to make a comic that helped show loneliness and isolation to a collage in Texas. This didn't seem to do quite so well initially. Shannon, from what I could tell, took his idea of Too Much Coffee Man and used him for these ideas because 'people like coffee'. Which, He isn't wrong.

Too Much Coffee Man is a pretty interesting super hero. His super strength comes from his insane amounts of coffee he drinks... along with cigarettes. His other powers include insomnia and overly fried nerves. He also has another superbuddy (well I say that, but he probably is just a friend who just wants to be like him) called Too Much Espresso Guy. From what I can tell, it's just a dude with a cup of espresso quite literally strapped to his head. With an actual strap.

Another neat thing I've found was that Too Much Coffee Man almost got his own tv show! Apparently he had a commercial before Saturday Night Live and another one with Marvel. Comedy Central must have seen a rising star and tried to see if they could make some form of tv series with him. Sadly, Wheeler and Comedy Central agreed that the script looked like junk and trashed it.

If you like this video and want to see more comic videos involving coffee superheros, just let me know and let's go brew up some love for somebody!

No comments:

Post a Comment