Saturday, October 29, 2016

Easy Simple Spooky Halloween Coffee Art Recipe





This recipe was a tricky one to think up (no pun intended). I was thinking for a good while, what kind of video do I want to do for my Halloween video? I had a few different thoughts in mind. First, I wanted to make a scary video. You know, do like a scary story about coffee. Problem was, I couldn't really find one except one about a kid killing baby sitters or something like that. I read that one and it was a bit too much for me (I'm a bit of a wuss). I then got an idea from a youtuber from yttalk.com (a site I absolutely love) about maybe making a latte art with some halloween theme to it.



 Now initially, I thought, well heck. I've tried to make latte art before. That ended up terribly! I burned the milk and couldn't get any form of rosetta or anything coming up after multiple tries. So I just kind of gave up on that for right now. But then I thought, you know what floats on top of coffee that is super tasty? Whipped cream. So I got an idea to make a pumpkin out of, well, canned pumpkin! Now I wanted to make something else with it, like a bat, but wasn't initially sure how to do that. I then remembered, oh yeah! I have some chocolate just lying around the house I haven't eaten yet... somehow. So I figured that would be a nice addition to the halloween theme.



The set up for this video was a new thing for me. What I did was, I brought in the lamp from the Java Hut (where I film my videos normally) and brought it in for additional lighting. When I realized that wouldn't help much, prior to filming, I just said, bah forget it. We'll do it live! So pair that with having the camera exactly opposite of me, on the table, and pointed straight down, it was an interesting set up. Overall, I really liked how it turned out and I hope you like it as well. If you do try it out, let me know! I'd love some feedback on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment