Friday, October 21, 2016

Origin of my series Coffee Around the World

Well I've always been interested in traveling. As a kid, I moved a lot because of job transfers for my parents. So because of that, I've been in almost every state in the US (minus Hawaii because forget that pretty little island) and Canada. I've had some wonderful times with these moving experiences. I've made a nice bunch of friends in a multitude of states and seen things from Denali National Park in Alaska to the Grand Canyon to the White House. I've loved seeing and learning every little bit. I was like a tiny little nerd sponge, I guess you could say.

From there, I've realized I loved learning and learning new things that I may never get to see. That and my well developed sense of adventure lead to Coffee Around the World. In this series, I look at the history, the types of coffee, and how the coffee in that culture is enjoyed. I've learned things like how politics in Mexico influenced the coffee culture there in Mexico, how the word Java is actually derived from an Indonesian island that actually grows and exports coffee, and how Italy has the oldest currently running Cafe in the entire world (the Cafe Florian in Venice)! In fact, I may just have to post my next blog on my experience in Venice and the Cafe Florian really was because, whoo man, it was something serious!

If you want to check out my series on Coffee Around the World, here's a link to it Coffee Around the World Series and if you want me to explore the caffeinated history of a country I haven't done yet, just comment below and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment